- Environmental Regulations and the Clean-Up of Manufacturing: Plant-Level Evidence, with Nouri Najjar. Review of Economics and Statistics, Forthcoming. Download
- Maize and Precolonial Africa, with Juan Moreno-Cruz. Journal of Development Economics, Vol. 136, January 2019, 137-150. Download Media: Business Weekly, National Affairs
- Trade and the Environment: New Methods, Measurements, and Results, with Brian R. Copeland and M. Scott Taylor, Annual Review of Economics, Vol. 9, August 2017, 59-85. Download
- Trade Liberalization and the Environment: Evidence From NAFTA and U.S. Manufacturing. Journal of International Economics, Vol. 105, March 2017, 130-149. Download Media: Journalist’s Resource, The American Prospect, National Affairs, The Conversation
- Tariff Structure, Trade Expansion and Canadian Protectionism: 1870-1910, with Eugene Beaulieu, Canadian Journal of Economics, Vol. 47, No. 1, February 2014, 144-172. Download Media: Ottawa Citizen, Montreal Gazette, Financial Post
- Economic Growth, Industrialization and the Environment, Resource and Energy Economics, Vol. 34, No. 4, November 2012, 442-467. Download
- Do Environmental Regulations Affect the Decision to Export? with Nouri Najjar. Download (R&R American Economic Journal: Economic Policy)
- Intra-Industry Trade and the Environment, with Liang Chen. Download
Selected Works in Progress
- Is Free Trade Bad for Resources? with M. Scott Taylor.
- Decompositions with Selected Samples, with Nouri Najjar.